- Introduction and user guide
- 1. What is climate change?
- 2. What can we do?
- 3. Policy and partnerships
- 4. Youth unit
2f. Inclusion and climate
This module is designed to give Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies a better understanding about the relationship between gender, marginalized groups and climate change that generates differentiated vulnerabilities.
Highlights of this module are:
- Exercise A offers a highly engaging activity which which points out how social differences have an enourmous impact on capacities to cope with disasters.
- The game Ready, which was developed as an innovative way to have focused conversations with communities on location-specific disaster preparedness. This version has additional steps in the game, which trigger the important discussions about the need for inclusion.
- What is in this module?
- Powerpoint presentations with notes
This is a fantastic game which includes a very strong inclusion message,
in which the audience experiences the impact of exclusion.
2f The gender and climate game
This games offers a participatory activity which confronts the participants
with the differentiated impacts of climate risks faced by men and women.
- 2f Ready!
2f Exercise A Hazards social differences and inclusion
A really strong and engaging exercise to indicate how social differences
can have an enourmous impact on coping mechanisms for disasters.
2f Exercise B Gender lens on policies
This introductory exercise helps us to analyse national policies to support
our dialogues on inclusion.
2f Exercise C Gender policy analysis
Exercise C is a more elaborate and advanced version of the introductory
Exercise B, which can be run in sequence or as stand alone exercises.
- 2f Exercise A Hazards social differences and inclusion
- Relevant reading
- 2f Gender and climate change - IFRC 2014
- 2f Towards a gender responsive NAP - GN 2018
- 2f Catalogue for gender and diversity - resources for resilience - IFRC 2016
- Step-by-step Guide to inclusive resilience
- 2f Making it count - Gender in CCA and DRR - by CARE et al
- 2f Gender and inclusion toolbox - CCAFS and CARE
- 2f Gender and climate - stories from the Pacific - by UNDP
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent example(s)
2f Clearing the air with fuel saving stoves in Wage Wargaje, Ethiopia
A group of 3 women made a short film about their new fuel-saving stoves.
A video by the Ethiopia Red Cross [5.34] English subtitles
2f Participatory video on fuel saving stoves in North West Ethiopia
Overview of a participatory video project with farmers from a village in Wage
Wargaje, learning how to become filmmakers and showing they invest in
adaptation. Ethiopian Red Cross [5:48]
- 2f Clearing the air with fuel saving stoves in Wage Wargaje, Ethiopia
- Frequently asked questions or checklist